September 16, 2019
Hospitals, Buses and Funeral Parlors
Button is an IT company from Catalonia (Spain) that has developed several OpenXava applications in the last years, such as a management application for Monbus.cat, a bus company (150 users), a complaints and suggestions record system for the Hospital Comarcal de l'Alt Penedčs, a funeral parlor system, or a management system for IT companies, among others.
A principal developer from Button, Xavier González, says that they chose OpenXava because:
- The speed for creating a web application from Java classes, without creating the database. Just writing business logic.
- Relatively short learning curve.
- Documentation in Spanish.
- Open Source.
- Forum support with a large community in Spanish and English.
- When the default features are not enough you have the option to extend OpenXava yourself.
- Integration with JasperReports.
- Multi language.
- Supports for multiple databases, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- With the same code, you get a mobile web application.
- Project that continually releases new versions, and incorporates improvements and fixes from users.