XavaPro 5.7 released
May 23, 2017
The OpenXava team is pleased to inform you that a new version of XavaPro is already available.
XavaPro 5.7 has the next new features:
- User can recover his password if he forget it.
- On sign in the user is asked to enter his email if not entered yet.
- The user can update his own personal data such as email, given name, family name, etc.
- Organization index for shared user among organizations uses cards format.
- New icon for going to the organizations index.
- Field description in roles.
- Emails cannot be duplicated.
- Property updateNaviOXTablesInOrganizationsOnStartup in naviox.properties for faster startup with no new modules.
- Entities with @Table(schema=) do not generate table on create new organization.
- New method hasRole() in User class to do programmatic security verifications.
- New NaviOXTestBase class to create JUnit tests for specific XavaPro features like folder navigation.
- Includes OpenXava 5.7.
- Fix: FILES stereotype storing in database does not work with multitenancy.
Until now the only way to recover your password was contacting with the administrator. From now on the user can recover his password by himself. When he fails to put the correct password a "Forgot your password?" message with a link is shown:
When the user clicks on the link goes to a page to enter his email:
After clicking on the "Recover password" button an email with instructions to recover the password is sent. Of course, a user with that email has to be registered in the system, and this leaves us to the next point.
User is asked to enter his emailIn order the recovering password mechanism works it's needed that each user has his email registered in the system. So now if the user has no email XavaPro asks for it after sign in:
This new "My personal data" module is always available for all users to edit their own personal data.
New format for list of available organizationsAfter login when sharing user between organizations the list of the user organizations has this new look:
Note the cards format for organizations and the new icon (on top-left corner) to come back to this list from any place.
Try it yourself:
http://www.openxava.org/XavaPro (User: demo, Password: demo)
If you want to try the admin features reply to this email asking for the admin password.
If you want to try the mobile features access to above URL using your mobile phone.
To learn more go to the XavaPro page.
If you're an Enterprise user you will receive an email with the upgraded Enterprise edition.