XavaPro 5.6 released
November 9, 2016
The OpenXava team is pleased to inform you that a new version of XavaPro is already available.
XavaPro 5.6 has the next new features:
- Shared users between organizations configurable via configuration module.
- Guest can create a user account himself.
- Guest account creation can be enabled/disabled for main app or organizations using the configuration module.
- Record of all user logins, available from user management module.
- Creation date registered for users.
- Property showOrganizationOnSignIn in naviox.properties to show/remove the combo with organizations.
- SetCatalogFromPersistenceSchemaConnectionRefiner to use JDBC with multitenancy.
- Includes OpenXava 5.6.
- Fix: Some database connections leaks.
- Fix: Images gallery does not work with multitenancy.
- Fix: Hibernate does not work with multitenancy.
Shared users between organizationsWhen you use multitenancy with XavaPro each organization has its own group of users totally independent from other organizations. This is OK for many cases, however some applications need to have the same group of users for all the organizations. From now on you can configure your application to work in this way, just check the corresponding option in the configuration module:
With "Shared users" activated the users and passwords for all the organizations are those of the root application. You have to create the users in the root application only and when one of these users try to access to an organization he has the option to join:
There is a joined role in each organization to define the rights for these users.
When the user sign in with "Shared user" activated, the list of his organizations are shown in order to choose:
The user can go to any of his organizations without login again.
Guest can create a user account himselfIn the sign in box now you have a new button labeled as "Sign up":
The user can click on it to go to a form to registering:
After submitting this form the user is created and signed in. There is a self sign up role to determine the rights for the autocreated users.
You can disable this feature with the configuration module.
Creation date and record of logins for each userJust go to the users module to see that data:
Try it yourself:
http://www.openxava.org/XavaPro (User: demo, Password: demo)
If you want to try the mobile features access to above URL using your mobile phone.
To learn more go to the XavaPro page.
If you're an Enterprise user you will receive an email with the upgraded Enterprise edition.