XavaPro 5.0 released
June 25, 2014
We are very happy to announce our new product, XavaPro. XavaPro is the combination of OpenXava and NaviOX Professional.
Why to combine OpenXava with NaviOX? Recent NaviOX versions only work with specific OpenXava versions, because usually it's needed to modify the OpenXava core to add some features to NaviOX, specially those related with fine-grained security. Including OpenXava in NaviOX asures that you're using the correct OpenXava version and you only need to do one download to upgrade your applications.
Moreover, we plan to include features beyond security and navigation in XavaPro in the future. We think that is simpler to offer an integrated product instead of a group of dispersed projects and plugins.
The prices and conditions of XavaPro are the same of the former NaviOX, and all customers of NaviOX Enterprise will be upgraded to XavaPro.
Learn more about the new XavaPro here:
Note as we no longer offer a LITE edition for free. This is because the features of NaviOX LITE are now in OpenXava as open source.
XavaPro 5.0 has the next new features and fixes:
- Includes OpenXava 5.0.
- Number version synchronized with OpenXava.
- NaviOX renamed to XavaPro.
- NaviOX code moved to Addons project.
- When there are many modules (15) in the menu, a "Load more..." link is shown instead of all modules.
- NaviOXTestBase removed, now the login() and logout() methods of ModuleTestBase work fine with NaviOX.
- FirstSteps adapted to OpenXava/XavaPro nomenclature.
- Default welcome page shows the title and description of the current application.
- Fix: Frames side by side not well aligned at right with the new renderer.
- Fix: Adding ids to application i18n files does not have effect in first steps page.