OpenXava 5.2 released
January 27, 2015
We bring you a still better OpenXava. This 5.2 release has a new way to customize the list and collections, very responsive and more intuitive. We have improved the automated test performance, upgraded some important libraries and many more things.
We invite you to download it and upgrade your OpenXava applications. Look at the migration instructions.
Don't wait the server for customizing the list
Now turning on the customize mode in list doesn't call the server, instead it's done instantly without reloading the list and with a fade effect to remark which are the new elements. Morever, removing a column is also immediate and with a fade effect, without reloading the list:
And when you click in any other action the customizing actions goes away, you have not worry about hiding them.
That is, more responsive and intuitive. Try it yourself.
Moving columns with drag and drop
When the list or collection is in customizing mode the user can move the columns with drag and drop:
Try it yourself.
A dialog to add columns to the list
Now, to add columns to the list or collections we use a dialog with an easy to use user interface:
Try it yourself.
We have done a lot of improvements in other areas:
- 20% performance improvement in automated module tests.
- HtmlUnit upgraded to 2.15.
- jQuery UI upgraded to 1.11.2.
- jQuery upgraded to 1.11.2.
- Upgraded Commons Lang3 library to 3.3.2.
- New move() method in XCollections utility class.
- The browser property in xava-junit.properties is no longer supported.
- New createWar ant task included by default in new projects.
- Frame spacing when several frames in a row adjusted.
- Performance improvement for label resolution.
Though this is not a maintenance version we have done some fixes:
- Fix: After removing a column from a list the filter data is gone.