OpenXava 5.1 released
October 21, 2014
After several months of hard work we bring to you a still more delicious OpenXava. This 5.1 release has improved the inline editable collections a lot, in fact now you can do in an element collection most of the things possible in a regular detail view, and with a 10x improvement in performance. OpenXava 5.1 also includes a new editor that allows attach several files to an entity, support for Java 8, and many many more things.
We invite you to download it and upgrade your OpenXava applications. Look at the migration instructions.
Editable collections (@ElementCollection) improvements
These are the improvements in element collections:
- Improving AJAX behavior with x10 improvement in responsiveness.
- Reference data fetching optimized.
- Search references with a search dialog available.
- Annotations supported in the collection itself: @ReadOnly and @EditOnly.
- Annotations supported in the embeddable class: @DescriptionsList (including dependent ones), @NoSearch, @OnChangeSearch, @OnChange, @SearchListCondition, @SearchAction, @DefaultValueCalculator and @SearchKey.
In OpenXava 5.1 you can have collections like this one:
If you take a closer look at the above list of new features, you'll see how you can use in element collections most of the things available for regular detail views. Moreover, we have improved the performance 10 times, now using an element collection is as fast as a local spreadsheet.
Editor to attach several files to one entity
In OpenXava 5.0 we introduced a FILE stereotype to attach one file to an entity. Now, in OpenXava 5.1, we have a new FILES stereotype to attach several files:
@Stereotype("FILES") @Column(length=32) private String scripts;
To get this:
It can be configured to store the files in the database or the file system.
We have done a lot of improvements in other areas:
- Java 8 support.
- @DefaultValueCalculator is executed each time that the properties in @PropertyValue(from) change.
- Look and feel for totals in lists and collections improved.
- FirstSteps content changed.
- French messages improved.
- Showing messages in log for annotation misuse in element collection.
- Methods assertEditableInCollection() and assertNoEditableInCollection() of ModuleTestBase work for any type of collection.
- New assertValidValuesCountInCollection() and assertValidValuesInCollection() methods in ModuleTestBase.
- Some new common use labels to be used in applications.
Though this is not a maintenance version we have done some fixes:
- Fix: Not numeric totals are not well aligned.
- Fix: Totals are not well aligned after column resizes.
- Fix: Summation icon in list not correctly aligned.
- Fix: ModuleTestBase.assertLabelInList() does not work with element collections.
- Fix: The xava:descriptionsList JSP tag only works from some folders.
- Fix: Editor resizing in element collections only works for text input fields.
- Fix: ModuleTestBase.logout() fails with the built-in security.
- Fix: @DefaultValueCalculator with dependent properties is executed twice sometimes.