February 22, 2017
Noobeek gives some of the power behind OpenXava to end users.
This new 2017.02 version includes:
- Administration modules for managing users and roles.
- Now you can organize your modules in folders.
- Adding new fields, references, lists, module and moving and removing fields only available for users with developer role.
- When the user navigates among records or executes actions the browser URL is modified to be a valid permalink.
- Session timeout is 8 hours, before it was 30 minutes.
- The last list format (chart or list) is remembered between sessions by user.
- Delete selected rows is not available for Charts.
- Rich text data in list mode shows only plain text until 200 characters.
- Fix: When a user join to an application and the joined role has not modules it keeps asking to join the application.
- Fix: Pressing Cancel when adding columns to the list used for searching a reference fails.
Users and roles managementStarting today Noobeek users can enjoy the powerful users and roles management from XavaPro, including fine-grained security to exclude actions or fields by role. Go to the Admin folder from Start button to explore the administration modules:
Though you can create your own roles, the roles module comes with some predefined roles ready to use:
- admin has access to administration modules.
- developer can add, remove and move fields, references and lists; and add new modules.
- joined is the role of the user that joins to our application.
- self sign up does not apply to Noobeek.
- user has access to all module, but administration ones.
FoldersIn the start button you can place folders to organize your modules:
To know how, read the XavaPro documentation about folders, works in the same way.
PermalinksWhen you choose a record the URL in the browser is modified with the record id:
In this way you can copy and paste the URL, and send it by email, for example, to send a reference to a specific record.
Also you can add the action to execute in the URL like this:
http://noobeek.com/Noobeek/o/Vehicles/m/Cars?action=CRUD.new to execute the new action, or
http://noobeek.com/Noobeek/o/Vehicles/m/Cars?action=Mode.list to go list mode.