NaviOX 2013v2 released
September 18, 2013
NaviOX 2013v2 has the next new features:
- The user can change his own password.
- It's possible to define the order for modules and subfolders in the hierarchical menu.
- LDAP support (tested with Active Directory).
- Autologin using autologinUser and autologinPassword in naviox.properties.
- It's needed to type the password twice when adding a new user or modifying his password.
- Users can be activated and deactivated.
- Start button is not shown when there are not available modules.
- First steps documentation improved.
The user can change his own password
There is a new module in the Admin folder to change the password of the logged user:
This module is allowed for the user role by default, although ChangePassword can be removed from the modules allowed to the user role, in this way the regular users cannot change their own password.
Modules and folders order
Now you can determine the order of modules and folders in the menu using the Folders module:
NaviOX allows the users to be authenticated via LDAP. To configure LDAP edit the naviox.properties file and add the next entries:
# LDAP Config ldapHost=192.168.0.0 ldapDomain=XX ldapDN=DC=XX,DC=XX,DC=XX ldapPort=389
By default all the users are authenticated using NaviOX stored passwords. To enable LDAP you have to select the users and check Authenticate with LDAP option:
Autologin allows to use a NaviOX application without sign in. It is activated adding the next entries to naviox.properties:
# Autologin autologinUser=admin autologinPassword=admin
Now, everybody can use the application without login, they will be automatically logged as admin (or whatever other user you choose). Autologin is useful for testing or for unrestricted public applications.