NaviOX 2012v3 released
December 5, 2012
NaviOX 2012v3 has the next new features:
- Customizable welcome page for sign in.
- Customizable first steps page for the first time execution, to improve first-run experience.
- Added the properties givenName, familyName, jobTitle, middleName, nickName and birthDate to User.
- Users.getCurrentUserInfo() from OpenXava works.
- All labels and messages in English, Spanish and Catalan.
Ignoring the blank slate stage is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. The blank slate is your app's first impression and you never get a second...well, you know. (from Getting Real)
We want that NaviOX gives you a good impression, but also that your applications give to your customers a good first impression. So, we have improved the blank slate stage for NaviOX.
Now, when you try to sign in you get the next screen:
In this way, we do a little introduction to our application. Really, this is not the blank slate because we present this screen always not just the first time. In previous NaviOX versions the first-run after login only shows a blank page with no links on top. Now, the user gets a first steps page, like this:
This is a good place to show the user how to start with your application. You can modify these pages editing welcome.jsp and firstSteps.jsp files in the web/naviox folder of your project.
Personal data for user
We have added some useful personal data to the user: